127th Wing Environmental Commitment Statement
In accordance with Air Force Policy Directive 90-8, Environment, Safety & Occupational Health Management and Risk Management, this memorandum delineates the environmental commitment statement of the 127th Wing at Selfridge Air National Guard Base.
1. The 127th Wing is committed to conducting its mission in an environmentally responsible manner that protects human health, natural resources and the environment. We are dedicated to continued improvement of our processes to prevent pollution and reduce waste generation. The 127th’s mission includes operation and maintenance of KC-135 and A-10 aircraft to include corrosion control, aerospace ground equipment, vehicle maintenance and facility maintenance. We will comply with all environmental laws and regulations applicable to the conduct of this mission.
2. In support of our environmental commitment, we will strive to:
- Promote the conservation and sustainable use of natural and manmade materials;
- Prevent environmental pollution and minimize waste generation;
- Build environmental concerns into policies, programs and missions;
- Set environmental goals, measure progress, and take corrective action when necessary;
- Achieve continuous improvement in environmental performance over and above regulatory and legislative requirements; and,
- Work in partnership with all stakeholders to promote waste reduction.
3. Compliance with this Environmental Commitment Statement is the responsibility of every member of the 127th Wing, as well as tenants and contractors working at Selfridge.