When the HPCON is B, or “Bravo,” your area is experiencing an increase in community transmissions. Follow the guidelines for the previous HPCONs along with the following:
- Practice social distancing. Avoid unnecessary contact with others, such as shaking hands and hugging.
- Avoid unnecessary travel, especially to areas known to be experiencing active disease transmission.
- Ensure supplies of food, medication and other items needed for babies and pets are available to last at least 14 days.
- Prepare for travel restrictions and cancellation of public gatherings, such as school, religious and other community activities. Make alternative arrangements for childcare.
- Observe local guidance on movement restrictions and access requirements for military installations.
- Seek guidance from employers and unit leaders about changes to work practices (for example, telework) and training events.
- Comply with medical orders for self-isolation or quarantine.